Freeshipping.com is an online shopping portal that claims to offer you 10% cash back on purchases, along with a host of other benefits. Is it too good to be true?
Let’s take a dive through the website to determine if freeshipping.com is legit or if it’s a scam.
What is FreeShipping.com and How Exactly Does It Work?
Freeshipping.com is a monthly subscription-based service offering unique, money-saving deals for online shoppers. It allows you to earn up to $1,000 in cash back, as well as up to $500 in shipping rebates per membership year.
The website offers access to over 1,000 popular retailers including Walmart, Target, Sephora, Macy’s, Nike, and much more. As a member, all you have to do is log into your freeshipping.com account, click through to your desired retailer, and then shop your heart out.
Once you place an order, your 10% cash back is automatically processed through your freeshipping.com account.
To get your rebate for your free shipping, you have to do a little extra work yourself. You need to manually upload a copy of your receipt to your freeshipping.com account. From there your rebate will be processed, and you will receive a check in the mail.
What Makes Them Unique?
What makes freeshipping.com so unique is the amount of deals and benefits they offer. Here are a few perks of signing up with freeshipping.com:
- Free shipping (duh!). Ever needlessly add items to your shopping cart just to hit the free shipping mark? Freeshipping.com solves this issue. Many of their retailers offer free delivery at checkout. For those that don’t, you can claim rebates on those charges afterward.
- Automatic 10% cash back. Get 10% cash back on every purchase with over 1,000 retailers, including places where you already shop, such as Walmart, Best Buy, Groupon, Sears, and much more. Wait, it gets better! Freeshipping.com increases the cash-back benefit to 20% at special times throughout the year.
- Free return shipping. If free shipping isn’t enough, you are guaranteed unlimited free return shipping! Just print out a FedEx label from the freeshipping.com “Return Center,” slap it onto your package, and voila.
- Instant price comparisons. The site comes equipped with enhanced search tools that instantly compare prices on items sold through retailers within their network. They’ll also show you special coupon offers to help you increase your savings.
- The lowest price guaranteed. What happens if you buy something through freeshipping.com, but find a better deal on the same product elsewhere? Freeshipping.com will pay you back within 90 days, covering up to $100 of the price difference.
- Exclusive coupon offers. Freeshipping.com offers exclusive coupons through their network of retailers.
Doesn’t it sound too good to be true? Sign up for an account here if you’d like to take hold of these fantastic offers.
A free 7-day trial is available through freeshipping.com with full access to all of their benefits. After your free trial is over, the membership costs just $12.97 per month. If you’re a big online shopper, you may make your money back in just one purchase! Click here to get started with your free trial!
Public Perception (Other FreeShipping Reviews)
Freeshipping.com is highly praised by some, though there seems to be a lot of poor perception from the general public.
A lot of this has to do with failure to read the fine print or follow the rules of the website.
Many reviewers complain of the website not being clear with their prices or being charged a membership fee they didn’t know they signed up for. However, if you visit their “Free Trial” page, you will see this clearly written statement:
“Start your NO COST 7-day review with our compliments. If you decide not to continue your FreeShipping.com membership, simply log on to cancel during your review. Otherwise, we'll automatically extend FreeShipping.com benefits for just $12.97 a month, billed to the credit card you authorize. Your credit card will not be charged during your review period.”
Aside from pricing concerns, many reviewers say it doesn’t work, or they never received any cash back or rebates. The thing is, freeshipping.com only benefits certain people. It works well for those who: 1) do a lot of online shopping and 2) follow the rules of the system.
If you don't do enough online shopping, the monthly membership price is simply not worth it. It also only works if you follow the rules correctly. For example, you are only eligible for 10% cash back if you click through to the retailer of your choice through your freeshipping.com account, and complete your order using that same browser window.
Alternately, you have to do some of the work yourself. To claim your rebate, you must manually upload a copy of your receipt to your freeshipping.com account.
If you like the idea of freeshipping.com but are looking for something a bit different, here are some popular alternatives:
- Amazon Prime – Amazon Prime offers free two-day delivery on eligible purchases as well as many other perks including unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks has one of the best cash back rates in the industry! They pay you in points called “SBs” when you purchase from stores using their links. You can redeem your SBs towards coupons or gift cards.
- Ebates – Ebates offers up to 25% cash back on over 1,200 stores. They send you a payment each quarter based on your earnings.
- BeFrugal – With BeFrugal you can earn up to 30% cash back on more than 4,000 stores. Once your balance equals $25 or more you can request a payout.
What We Think – Is FreeShipping.com A Cashback Scam?
Freeshipping.com is certainly not a scam. We think freeshipping.com can be a great way to get paid for what you love to do: shop! We advise you to be sure to read all of the fine print, understand how it works, and determine if the monthly payments will be worth it for you.
I saw “ic*freeshipping.com” on my credit card. What does that mean? Did I get scammed?
“IC *FREESHIPPING.COM” is the billing descriptor that is listed on your statement when you are charged a membership fee from freeshipping.com. If you have any questions about the bill, you can contact their Customer Service Department at their toll-free number: 1-800-869-5597. Alternately you can click here to fill out their online form. They are available seven days a week and insist they respond to all queries within 24 hours.
How do you cancel FreeShipping.com?
Log into your freeshipping.com account and click the “Help” tab. Then, click the “Cancel Membership” link and follow the instructions provided. Alternately, you can request to cancel your membership by calling their Customer Service toll free number: 1-800-869-5597, or send a cancellation request via email to CustomerService@FreeShipping.com. They will process your cancellation request immediately with no questions asked.
Is freeshipping.com safe?
Yes! Freeshipping.com is a safe, secure, and legitimate website. The site uses a secure server to protect your credit card information, and they are linked with over 1,000 reputable online retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Lowes, and Etsy. They also require members to be 18 years of age or older.